Recently I took a trip to King's Peak in the High Uintahs near Ft. Bridger, WY. I got my dad to come with me if only I could get his pack down around the 20lb mark for the week. I was also able to get mine down considerably due to some new products available for 2009. This is how I did it:

Tent: Carbon Reflex 2 - 2lb. 13oz. minimum weight (my dad took the poles and stakes, and I took the fly and canopy, equalling about 1.5lbs each).
Pad: NeoAir Pad, size regular. Incredibly comfortable, but only 14 oz. This will be a must-have by many on this forum. Just so you know, Cascade Designs is coming out with a new patch kit that will allow the user to repair his/her pad in seconds, but still get the same results as the Hotbond Repair Kit currently sold. This was told to me by the Thermarest Product Manager. The kit will be available on January 1st, 2009.
Sleeping Bag: Marmot Hydrogen (1.5lbs)
Pack: GGR Nimbus Lattitude Vapor (2lbs., 12oz.)

Thus all these items weighed in at around 6.5lbs without sacrificing anything (comfort, livability in the tent, warmth, carrying comfort, packability, etc.).