Tent: AVS Ranger II with optional bug net. If it's not buggy I use my Strion+ ubertarp with segmented boron poles.

Bivy: Jumpstart Micropalace with dual perpendicular zippers. Much more versatile than the single zipper model.

Pad: Self-leveling Hydrocore, 3/4 length. I've never had to inflate the emergency chamber.

Bag: Harriot and Sons Panther Mark IV with hexagonal baffles. The unique inverted design of the foot box is 12% lighter than similar brands.

Yep, I made all that up.

Seriously, after experimenting with lots of flat tarps, shaped tarps, tents, hammocks, and bivys I find myself reaching for my BD One Shot quite a bit lately. Simple design, durable, roomy. The fabric is not truly waterproof but there is no misting through like silnylon. If the rain gets really heavy I just throw my poncho over it. After a long day on the trail I'm really not interested in spending more time in careful sight selection. Been there. I just want to lie down, rest and get away from the bugs. I can simply plop this freestanding tent anywhere that will accommodate its small footprint. If the selected site turns out to have flaws, I just pick it up and move it. Try that with a tarp. No, it doesn't weigh 4 ounces but I'll gladly pay the weight penalty. Since it's so warm I can get away with a lighter quilt or sleeping bag. For me it's the best compromise between weight, size, versatility, stormworthiness, bug protection and ventilation.

One more thing: Since the frame is internal I can throw in my pack, crawl inside, and set it up from inside during a storm, dry as a bone. I actually had to do that last week and it worked great.