Ok – looking to get into backpacking and use some of the gear for hiking but hoping not to make too many mistakes with new purchases. I did some searches but could not find specific answers to my questions so figured I would post and hope some folks could give me some gear recommendations based on repeated usages.

>A little about me: Age: 28, Male, live in PA and will be doing most backpacking / camping / hiking in PA – year-round with most trips outside of the coldest winter days / nights but do plan some of these. I weigh 180 and am muscular build, 5’11’’. Duration of trips will mostly be 4-5 days with some lasting a little longer then a week – many times I will also need to carry some gear for my son as anything more then a very lightweight overnight he can not pack. Pace, when my son is not there, will be pretty fast – I can run with trail shoes pretty well and have less then a 7 min mile.

My food preference is a mix between MREs, cliff bars, hot beverages, food found along the trail, fish. I guess the lightweight stove will be used more when I take the kiddo along and in colder weather. I know this factors into the size of the bag/

Gear I think I need to buy; all with a focus on quality, lightweight, and durability:
>Backpack 5K + cubic inch w/ rain cover
>Backpacking / Hiking boots – as lite as possible but I want Gortex and I want the boots to be aggressive tread, durable, and very long wearing. I wear size wide – 13 or prefer 14. I also plan to wear these with snow shoes – if a warmer and cold weather pair are needed, could you please define. Also, for the colder weather / snow pair, are mountaineering boots the ticket? I have a pair of OR gaiters to use with.
>Outershell jacket and pants -- ? – Waterproof – early, late, winter seasons
>Synthetic Convertible pants / shorts and shirt (long sleeve too?)
>Lightweight packable raingear?
>3.5 season Tent w/ footprint?
>Packable Sleeping bag w/ pillow and mat – will be camping 4 seasons – probably 2 bags?? – recommendations???
>Synthetic under layer (already have hood and compression (under Armor cold gear and polypro underwear, good enough?)
>Waterproof and packable gear bags
>Stove and cook wear + utensils – any recommendations??
>Battery lantern and flashlights – already have that run on AA bats and very light – need headlamp – recommendation?
>Water filter pump / purification pills – recommendation??
>Trekking poles – have WM specials, are lightweight -- Leki’s worth the investment?
Anything I am forgetting?

I would like the gear to be among the best, but not necessarily the best; 8 of 10 stars or so unless the price difference is minute. I prefer backcountry as they have the lifetime guarantee, if not Campmore unless other recommendations are provided.

Any guidance anyone can provide would be AWESOME!!

Thanks!