Potentially the climate as you probably know, could be hot and humid and generally disgusting.

Minimal very light, exclusively synthetic clothing is in order for your basic outfit.. The stuff can be rinsed in a brook every couple of days and will perhaps dry in an hour or two. This will make it nice enough, though maybe not THAT nice.

Personally, I always go for long pants in an extremely light nylon fabric.

In warmer weather, I roll them up to knees. Most people in your situation would prefer shorts or zip-offs. Maybe I would too if I were you. But you'll also want to have some form of long pants available.

(My preferred brand is very lightest of the generally overpriced "Railriders" line, which I use winter and summer, with or without various forms of long and short underwear and overpants. I also wear these pants to the office, though this is probably among my many critical errors.)

Personally, I wouldn't bother with soap for a week's outing, but this could be another error. You could mix it with the rinse water with clothes if you like.

While clothes dry, you'll need to wear something. So therefore, bring ONE change of under clothes including maybe socks, or whatever your definition of minimal clothing is.

I've got this idea, which may be wrong, that Patagonia has some treatment it advertises, that effectively retards odor. Possibly other manufacturers offer this fabric treatment.

I've got one Patagonia garment, at some horrible price, which is an ultra-thin long-sleeved shirt. I can definitely say that it dries very fast and is wearable in temperatures to 80 degrees (or probably 70 is much better). Whether it doesn't stink, I think it doesn't, but people have told me that I stink when I think I smell like a rose.

Also, this stuff might be important: it might get as cold as 55 degrees??? Or whatever.

.....So you'd want some extremely light woolies, or wool substitutes. A very light windshirt is always good also. Some of this stuff might be worn while your basic clothing set dries after washing.

A very light knitted hat, certainly. Very light knitted gloves might not even be total overkill, depending on whether you will be in Maine or Georgia, although probably they would be overkill regardless. But trivial weight and bulk. Possibly a need for work gloves, given your project, will make glove question redundant.

Very light long underwear? Maybe or maybe not. Perhaps if your sleeping bag is super thin....whatever...the weight and bulk is pretty minimal.....

You won't wear any of this warmer stuff much, if at all, so washing isn't an issue.

The most pleasant hiking I've done in the "east" during the heat of summer, involved frequent dunking of self into brooks or ponds at every opportunity.

On the other hand, it might not be so terribly hot. So far this season as you probably know, the northeast weather pattern has been a bit wet, quite humid, with middling warm-to-hot temperatures. Haven't seen much super-hot stuff so far, and as you know, fairly wide variations are the norm.