I just remembered something else about the Silshelter: there's a bug liner made to go with it, as an insert. It's all mesh and weighs 19 oz. Given the full-coverage nature of the Silshelter, the Bug Liner (which can be pitched separately) might be a better choice than a bivy? It would certainly have more headroom, and be wider; it might be just the ticket for stargazing on a clear night.

I had one, but only used it once. Getting in and out was a little tricky (the hiking pole partly blocked the door opening), but it was pleasant enough once I got in. I think I'd have gotten the knack of it fairly easily if I had used it more. Before I got more experience, I ended up with the Hubba (same functionality) and was happy to pay the pound for the extra convenience (Hubba=3 lbs; Silshelter & insert=2 pounds.)

The Silshelter and Bug Insert might just be a good solution if bugs are a problem. If they weren't, I might be very tempted to go with the Silshelter and a solo groundcloth (also an ID product - under Accessories; available in various sizes.

The Silshelter is probably the only tarp I'd consider using without a bivy; the bivy protects against any spray that blows in at the open ends of the tarp. If the Hubba hadn't come along, I'd still be using my Silshelter.