I just saw this thread, even tho it began back in June. Sorry about that.
As a certified member of "Readers Anonymous", I like the idea (or any idea that gets me access to more books to read), although it doesn't seem to have picked up more general interest from forum members. Let me check with the other forum moderators (if someone's already gotten some feedback from them, let me know) and get back to folks. I don't see any reason why it can't be done, but maybe we can also put some posts out in other parts of the forum to give it a little boost. I'd suggest we take the model that's been suggested:
1--Post a thread for the lending of a particular book (or maybe to find someone else willing to lend a particular book)
2--Lendee pays postage (media rate or other, their choice) to get the book. I'd suggest we do it first come/first served on who gets the book, as is done with the buy/sell forum, which would be simplest to manage
3--Lendee puts another book onto the forum for each book he/she gets to read
4--Lendee puts the original book back into circulation in about a month (use the month as a guideline, not a hard rule). I know for myself, it's sometimes tough to get a book read when I've got other things going on or am working on a few books at once, etc.
5--I'd suggest that we discourage folks keeping books and try to make this more of circulating library, but how strongly do others feel about that. Seemed to be varying views from previous posts.

Does that sound about right to folks? Reactions?

Gerry Magnes