Quote:
I don't begrudge things being made in China Ben....

Well, let me add to these items to the fire. Remember the people that died last year because some ...pensive Heparin? The FDA didn't catch that one because we assume that when you ask for a chemical, that's what you're going to get - not some cheaper work-alike substitute. Therefore we don't test all our imports.

Then there's the lead paint on kids toys. You know, the stuff that leads to brain dysfunction because the kids chew on the toys? Those US companies ordered lead-free paint but they got leaded paint anyway. Only from China.

How about melamine-contaminated dog food? Antifreeze in cough syrup? We haven't even begun to determine the toll of Chinese counterfeit components. I happen to own two wireless earpieces for my phone that have never worked properly - both are counterfeit Chinese imports. They look just like the real item - you don't see the difference until you crack open their cases. I really pity the poor slob with a Chinese-made pacemaker or insulin pump.

I could go on and on - the thing that most of us don't remember is that China is still a communist country. They have serious problems with quality control because every peon is looking for a way to divert a little of the money into their own pocket. This is the same problem the former Soviet Union had. There's so much corruption in Chinese companies that you will NEVER get to the bottom of any of the travesties cited above. That's why I'd have to say I sincerely hope that what I'm putting in my body NEVER comes from China until something quite drastic changes over there.