Quote:
How breathable is uncoated 20d and at the same time, how water resistant is it? I am not sure what to compare it to as I have long used eVent or silnylon. It looked like it had three vents on the inner, but I wasn't sure - can't tell with the pictures. So the top vent is where the fabric is on the regular Hubba. Correct?
The uncoated 20d is as very breathable, but not as much as the mesh (I probably misspoke when I mentioned there was little difference). You will get more condensation with the HPs canopy than you will with the standard Hubba, but it will be slight. I slept in the Hubba Hubba HP this weekend and saw zero condensation (though I was in a very dry environment - no humidity). I have used the Hubba HP in Seattle during a rain-filled night and saw that some condensation built up, but wasn't significant (no inside dripping, just a wet wall where I was breathing on all night). As far as it being highly water resistance similar to EPIC, silnylon, or eVent, it isn't. However because of the high thread count and the tight weave, it will offer better water resistance than most non-mesh, non coated canopies and far greater breathability than any of the materials listed above. The best part about this material is how amazingly silky it feels. I think we need to come out with a line of HP shirts...

You are correct in saying the nylon on the standard Hubba is where the mesh is on the Hubba HP. Actually the HP comes with a mesh gearloft so their are two layers of mesh on the top. I can't say if this helps or hinders breathability.

I agree with you that we need to be more specific on our tents, and in this case, the HP series. More views or perhaps a 360 degree view would be better, both the fly on and off. I will pass that on to our IT guys.