Yes, I agree that there is no better knowledge than experience. I know I wouldn't take on anything that I wasn't sure I couldn't pull off no matter what it is. I don't climb anything anymore because I'm not as strong and agile as I once was. If I don't know my direction in the wilderness, I blaze my trail so I can backtrack. I believe in wearing sensible shoes. etc. And I don't have disposal income to blow on gear just to see if it suites my needs. But. Not to get off the subject. I had a racing friend that asked me once if I thought someone could get in my race car and run a faster lap than I. My reply was, probably. And this is true. But that day, I took second place in my class. Two weeks later I took first place in my class. Two weeks after that I did another first in class, beating the times of several drivers in cars far superior to mine. Practice makes perfect, maybe. But some people have natural ability to excel beyond others that may never get it. I believe that being sensible and staying alive is talent and a bit of an art form.