I do not buy the "boring". My girls were once 14-year-olds and honestly, at that age just about everything but hanging out with friends is "boring". And it IS boring for kids if they are not full participants. My solution was to let the kids take a friend and have them plan trips, learn to read the map, build fires, cook. Also, having a goal such as reaching a peak was less "boring". Kids also seem to do better with water sports and the out of doors. Canoeing, kyaking. Something with a challenge. And a role model helps - other outdoorsy girls and women. I think at that age ALL activites with their parents are "boring" and ANY activity with a gaggle of their friends is fun.

My 16- and18-month old granddaughters both love to go outside. My girls loved the outdoors as kids and now as adults. I really think it is natural for kids to love the outdoors. I know how much I enjoyed my girls as we backpacked. It is so rewarding if you can get them interested. I wish you the best luck, and don't give up. Maybe some day she will see it differently.