I've already made my point as clearly as possible, and perhaps therefore ought not post again.

But what the heck!!!!!

A $20 or $30 tent (whatever) can offer utility that is identical with any tent that is five or ten times the cost........, assuming the seams are properly sealed, which is a consideration that is true for any tent, AND assuming you don't meet with very cool temps and high humidity -- conditions that DON"T REALLY Happen in SUMMER... (if some dampness is a problem in summer, it's generally easy to ignore.) They usually work good in spring and fall too.

I used my K-Mart pup tent a few dozen feet from the beach in Nova Scotia during what amounted to an early Nor'Easter. in August...& Uh OH.... it leaked because my seam sealing job was less than perfect..........Spending ten times the money, or five times the money, may not protect you from this problem.. which was entirely due to my own personal, faulty sealing work, rather than shortcoming of the tent itself.

I don't know whether its advertised weight was accurate, partly because I don't know what they advertized, or if they advertized.... but it was significantly lighter than most two-person backpacking tents -- especially those with hoops, frames, flys... extra roofs, vestibules, etc.........

..That circumstance in Nova Scotia was rather heavy weather on that particular day...& the only time during seven continuous weeks that the K-Mart tent gave me a problem. Rather than stay in tent I opted for pedalling to Yarmouth, and the wind at my back blew me there at amazing rate of speed.....though I became quite wet...

These tents are low to the ground and resist high wind perhaps as well as any design -- the wedge is well-proven and two rigid poles,are quite strong compared with any sort of hooped configuration.

They are more-or-less as light or lighter than any mid-to high -priced backpacking tent.