I've only had Keen sport sandals for a few weeks, so I can't comment on their durability yet. I have been wearing their low-top shoes for years, though. As far as shoes go they are pretty durable, but their treads usually wear out after about one year for me. Some pairs squeak, some won't, but when they do squeak they will do it with each and every step. Still, they're one of the few brands that are very comfortable for my feet, so I like them. I'm expecting similar performance out of the sandals.

If you've always worn boots and are thinking of switching to sandals for hiking, then it might be a good idea to try them out on a short, level trail to start with. I tried using trail runners for steep trails for the first time a few years ago, and they felt fine except when I was walking downhill; my feet would shove forward into the toebox and get scrunched. It was never a problem with boots, so now I wear runners for easy day hikes and my boots for more rugged terrain. I think I'd only wear sandals for creeks and campsites.

Edited by Wolfeye (05/19/08 10:13 PM)