I agree with previous comments. The only time I can fit my pack in the vestibule is if it's empty, which by the time I've hung the bear bag and stuffed a sack with clothes for use as a pillow and such, it effectively is. Even then it's pretty cramped and doesn't leave room for my boots. In fair weather it's not a problem, but I hate to leave my pack out in driving rain. The tent itself is pretty cramped as well. It's hard to change clothes inside without hurting something. I did exchange the stock stakes for Ti ones and the stuff sack for a smaller SilNil one, which with my Tyvek groundcloth gets it under 3lbs. I wish I was crafty enough to make a custom fly for it. But... I've had my eye on the MSR Hubba to replace the LightYear for those trips where I'm forced to the ground (I've taken to the trees and am never looking back!). My main gripe with the LightYear is that it's not free-standing.

For all my griping, though, it's a great tent for what I paid for it and it's never let me down.