Later this year, I will be rafting / hiking the upper half of the Grand Canyon, ending with a hike out with my personal gear. I needed a new camera, more compact than my DSLR, and one that has a waterproof housing available. I found what I wanted in the Canon Powershot G9 and Canon WP-DC21 underwater housing. The camera and housing together weigh less than 2 lbs and is waterproof to 130'. It will also become my wife's underwater camera on our next dive trip.

The next dilemma was batteries. I intend to fire away like crazy for the whole trip including running rapids and side hikes. In my search, I ran across a portable battery charger by Promaster XtraPower GO It will supposedly fully charge a camera battery five times with it's on-board battery.
They offer one that's compatible with most cameras and it will also charge many other items like cell phones, MP3's, Blackberrys, etc, through it's USB port.

Just curious if anybody has tried the XtraPower GO. If not, I will report back after I acquire one and use it.

Edited by scottyb (06/08/08 01:03 PM)