I like the feeling of rain on my head and face, but only once I'm wet already. I think it is because I grew up sailing in small boats. I would rather run and hike in the rain than fair weather. I find it very soothing.

But I can't stand stuff like suede palms on wool gloves, or trail runners that make my wool socks colder and wetter than they should be. I remember even as a kid they used to try and sell these leather sailing gloves. Absolute crap that only made your hands colder. There is a bit of a science to being warm when wet that isn't entirely understood. There are some proven things for some applications, like neoprene wetsuits, but for stuff like trail runners and hiking boots and gloves that need to do somethings sometimes and other things other times there is good stuff out there and there is bad. There is alot of bad fleece out there. When that stuff first came out, in the early 80s I think, it was all good, but since then most of it is not so good when it gets wet.

Even the stuff marked polartec or polartherm, you can't trust it all. You almost have to take a bucket and stopwatch with you when you shop. You can get a bit of a feel for it after being burned once or twice though. I've figured out fleece I think, and wool. Wool varies also. Trail runners I haven't figured out yet.