Quote:

I have to tell you that I sympathize with your distaste for "soulless humans". There's some people that I just don't think have a right to life, however they in fact do have a right to life regardless of my opinion. No. In the interest of saving what semblance of peace we have in America, what with a government bent on selling us fear, I just think its a better idea to live and let live than to try to create a better place - one death at a time.

I agree with that. I did not say I wanted to kill soulless people. I said I would defend myself (and loved ones) from being killed by soulless people, like the guy I mentioned doing life in Oregon. I knew this man. He had no soul. He did not care about people. He considered them all "Potential victims", he told me this himself. I would not have cared in the least if I had heard he was killed while committing his crime against those two young women, but I felt for them. Had I been there I would have tried to defend those women, even if I had to kill him to do so. And I would have done a victory dance when it was over too.

Maybe I can sum it up like this, I wouldn't help Jeffrey Dahmer make the sauce for his dinner, and I don't think Jesus would've either. "Live and let live" works great for you and me, but not so good when it's you, me, and Jeffrey. I can sit still and let Jeffrey kill and eat you, and then me too. I could justify that by saying Jeffrey has a right to live too, but how is the world better for that?

If I saw Jeffrey boil a pot of water and then get ready to conk you on the head, what would you have me do? What if this happened every night for a week and I was getting sleepy?

The subject of this thread is "Rules of engagement". If I am to lay down my life, and that of those I love to any Jeffrey that will take them, there are no rules, and no reason to live. Even the dove tries to defend itself from the attacks of the cat. If it kills the cat in the process that does not make it a killer. It never had, and never will, attack any cat and try to kill it, therefore it cannot be a killer.

I did not receive the gift of life to amuse madmen with how they might take it from me and I have many reasons to want to keep living. These things I know to be true.

Go to the forums for ABC's "This Week with George Stephanopoulos ". Look up the thread, "Solatium for This Weeks Memorial". That's me writing those messages. Several have been deleted by the moderator, but you'll get the idea of what I'm trying to say there.

Bill