Quote:

I'm one of those guys who survived being shot at Bill. I don't smoke dope. And I'm very glad to be alive, enough that I did my own version of an end-zone dance every time I got back from an imminent-danger area.

Personally, I find the term "mental problems" for understandable anxiety a gross exaggeration BTW.

Well, that headline could have also read, "Nearly 4 in 5 troops do not have mental problems after war service".

You got out mostly unscathed then. That's a lucky thing. Odds were with you on that. Having spent time with many `nam vets I would say that characterizing their war related mental trauma as "understandable anxiety" is describing their situation inaccurately too, but I would not extend that to yours personally. It probably depends more on what happened to you personally than any other factor and both terms are too broad to be descriptive.

My point was really that smoking pot would have little to do with rather someone in a violent death related incident would feel remorse. George Washington smoked pot, I don't recall reading anywhere that he was remorseful for his part in leading the revolution's forces which certainly caused a few deaths.

And hey, had I been there with you I would have danced a dance for life with you too. I understand that, believe me.

Bill