Quote:
Slightly opening the fannypack/safepacker or whatever holster device is in use when suspicions are aroused (without actually exposing the weapon to others' view) could literally make all the difference in the world, your world.

I totally agree with that. Just implying you have a weapon with body language will deter many bad guys.

I would never provoke a robbery into a life or death situation even if I was threatened with a gun. I've been flat out broke and homeless so losing material things doesn't scare me a bit.

I've been profiled by the police and totally shook down and searched. That's as humiliating to me as being robbed, but I wouldn't provoke an officer either.

I have met people who are soulless though, (one is doing life in an Oregon prison for raping two women and killing one of them) and I understand that they will kill without remorse.

Just for the record, I don't own a real gun, but I am totally confident that if I did have one I would not brandish it unless I was prepared to use it, I would not shoot to kill ( a human), but I would keep shooting until the threat was completely diminished. If that resulted in their death, oh well. A baseball bat, heavy blunt object, or even a few knuckle punches to the adams apple will yield a similar result. I prefer those options to a gun for self defense, that's mainly why I don't own one.

If you're in a situation where you HAVE to fight for your life (or the life of a loved one), taking a life becomes an option. That's the only time it's an option. That's pretty simple. Jury decisions are not so simple, but that would never even enter my mind in the heat of the battle.

Bill