I've used the SilShelter for at least a couple of weeks in total, almost always with a water and wind-resistant sleeping bag cover.

Condensation has varied based on conditions, been unremarkable, though certainly observable, and this in humid northeast.

When it's cool and/or windy, or in prolonged heavy rain, I try to keep it pitched with edges as close to the ground as possible and fold the weird & funky "door" shut as best as I can... This cuts the wind, conserves heat and/or minimizes "splash" from rain.

Undoubtedly this results in less ventilation and greater condensation but also I believe, greater overall comfort in nasty weather.

The sleeping bag cover can be a nice item in conjunction with any tarp shelter, and need/ought not weigh a pound. (When adding this weighty item, one can also use a somewhat lighter sleeping bag.. Sleeping bag and mat is protected inside the cover, which has waterproof floor, and I often dispense with groundsheet all together, though I've considered using a 1/3-size groundsheet.)

In general, I'm only somewhat satisfied with the SilShelter. It definitely does its job, and is very light. It's a bit cramped for much besides sleeping, and a zipper on the door would be nice.

Edited by johndavid (04/24/08 09:38 PM)