Half dome is rather strenuous for a one day hike. Remember the last part is climbed on the cables, which are also in use by the steady flow of hikers climbing with you.... I would do Half Dome first and hike on from there.

You might want to be looking at topo maps and guide books, and if the route you choose is very popular (anything at Tuolumne Meadows, up Little Yosemite Valley, Half Dome) you will want to register your wilderness permit early as possible. You will also want to look up approved bear canisters; there are three or four choices if you buy one, and they rent the Garcia at the park for like five bucks a day. (You can also rent the Bearikade at the manufacturer's website.) If you don't have one and a ranger catches you, you'll need 164 bucks to pay the fine. Canisters are mandatory.

I'm planning a solo into Hetch Hetchy - I may make that a long 3-4 night loop by going up into Tiltili and around. I'm also debating a trip into Ostrander Lake or Chilnualna Lakes. These are trips from trailheads not in the valley and less likely to be choked with a solid stream of hikers.

http://hikeandbackpack.com