Bigfoot,

Guys - I was talking about cmping knifes.

Anyone who needs a speciality knife should have one. I have butcherd meat and I know why you need a sharp knife. Phat needs a wyoming knife to clean game - cool.

BUT THE POINT REMAINS
for camping, a razor sharp knife is a liability.
A sharp knife being safer IS a fallacy unless you are doing something that a duller knife will not do easily. I used to own a leather shop. Everyone got a safety lecture and was shown that tools which can work oak tanned leather will remove your fingers without even slowing down.

And as far as wounds healing - a jagged knife cut will close and self heal a long time before a razor cut will. The smooth cut simply somehow has less surface area to knit. Midnightsun - comment?

So if you're not a butcher, samari, leather cutter, hunter or sushi chef - why take a really sharp knife camping? Answer - its ego - when I was a Boy Scout we all spent hours honing our knifes to see who had the sharpest one. Often it was me, then I cut myself to the bone - I learned, some of you haven't.
Jim