I like to address some of the issues with the Contrail.
Some of those remind me of comments I have read about the Akto and the Stephenson's. ( I'll treat the Warmlites as one since they use the same design)
All three shelters have a fanatical following with folks raving about them , yet some had horrible experiences and got rid of them.
The Warmlites need a much greater tension than the Contrail to stand up correctly, some never manage to do that, others have used this shelter successfully for over 20 years .
The Akto, as indeed all tunnel tents and most non freestanding do , also needs a fair amount of tension not to sag, note that the ends of the Hilleberg are similar to the one in the Contrail.
Again many have used the Akto on the PCT and AT with great success.
As an aside, the Rainbow needs less tension but has come under some criticism for wind resistance and too much wind and sand getting inside the tent. In this respect, those complaints mirror the ones directed at the Hubba, also a shelter that most seem to like but some have hated.

There are some weak points in the Contrail, however they can be addressed.
When I get a new shelter I first play with it in my backyard. Unfortunately rain has been a bit scarce so at times I have set up a tent after I already went to sleep. (the tin roof on the back of the house wakes me up, I love that sound)
In spite of that, it was only during a particularly nasty late afternoon rainstorm by a seaside campsite that I realized that the rear end could do with some help. I fixed that by using the mid rear guyout point hooking it up to a fallen branch. Since then I added a mid rear pole, I don't mind the extra ounce.
The second problem is the guylines occasionally slipping through those Delrin tensioners. Changing the exit angle helps, but the easiest solution is to just use them fully extended.
Note the change in the 08 version.
As with all silnylon shelters, when the temperature drops and or humidity raises, you need to re-tighten the guylines. (obviously you know this)
You can do that from inside the Contrail by increasing the height of your pole. Just shove the tip inside your boots if you use a fix lengths pole.
Give it a try....
Franco
BTW I have had a lot less night than you inside the Contrail, but I have used it on grass, hard soil, rocky ground , compacted sand from a few meters above sea level to 3000m in Nepal under all night torrential rain and it has never fallen down on me. In fact in Nepal I was completely dry inside whilst the ones inside the heavy duty Nepalese tents were getting drips on them. (from condensation and water finding a way in from the pole ends)