It's been a while since I've posted, so hello to everyone.

My first questions if about my down bag. I have a Western Mountaineering ultra lite thats doesnt seem to be doing the job anymore.

I used it to thru hike the AT, then left it in its stuff sack for a year and half. Then I took it with me to attempt a thru of the PCT ("only" got 2400 done). It slept cold and I washed it once along the trip.

It appeared to spring up a little after the washing, but never felt warm. After I got home I went on a weekend hike with my friend who has the same bag. Hers had about 2X the loft as mine.

So I have washed it again. dryed it until I was certain it was dry and the loft is better. But...I dont think its back to normal. Is it done? Has poor care ruined it? Can it be revived? I mean, I got my moneys worth for sure, over 4600 miles of hiking on it. I just hate to spend the 300+ for a new one if I dont have to.

Just wondering what life expectancy or revival tips you guys might have.

The next question is about a tarp. I've gotten lighter each year it seems. I hiked the PCT with Henry Shires Contrail. A horrible product, but thats another story.

I ended up sleeping under the stars more than I was in the tarp tent. Of course I had 5 months with only 3 or 4 brief rain spells. What product, products should I look at for a lighter shelter? Something sub one pound? I carry trekking poles.

Thanks for feedback

RobA