Hmmmm. It sounds like you are still green enough that you don't understand how much you don't know. There are plenty of places in the far western USA where you can "disconnect", be pretty thoroughly alone and still be car camping and day-hiking much of the time, with some shorter backpacking trips thrown in. Most of Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming or Montana would qualify for that kind of getting away from it all.

If I felt certain that you knew enough to survive sudden summer storms, to route-find when a trail disappears or a junction is unsigned, or could be relied upon to avoid getting hypothermic, or dehydrated, or losing all your food to a marauding bear, then I might say this was a good idea. I don't feel that kind of certainty at all from reading your post.

My advice is poke around all you like. Hike. Camp. Explore. But don't get more than a day and a half from your car for the first several weeks. Stop at all ranger stations and ask about local conditions. Buy a map while you're there. You'll learn plenty just doing that. But don't go diving into the deep end quite yet. Start at the near end and wade out.