Quote:

I really like Glocks for what they are - an incredibly durable and function free semi-auto, but I've never cared for their larger, wider squared-off slide. I think they are safer than the 1911 design, though. If I carry my 1911 (which is rare these days) I always carry it unchambered. It doesn't make for a fast shot, but it takes less than two seconds to rack the slide and chamber a round.

The 1911's design is extremely safe. Even cocked and locked, you've still got both the manual safety and the grip safety. Glocks don't even have that, just a safety that's integrated into the trigger, where your finger shouldn't be if you're not shooting something anyway. The 1911 was designed to be carried by cavalry soldiers, so the design is about as safe as you can get.

Quote:
Hmmm. I thought they only came in 2 1/4" and 3" barrel?

You're right sorry. I typoed and hit 3 instead of 4.

Quote:
How do you guys carry your SP101's? I too have one in .357, and opted for a pocket holster. I've carried it (with a permit) that way, but it's only comfortable to do so for one day before my leg gets sore from its weight bumping my thigh with every step. Any other concealed method of carry seems to get in the way of my backpack straps.

Yeah, I had a problem with finding a spot, too. I usually carry it in the chest pocket of my jacket, or in a shoulder holster.