I'm unfamilar with most of the models you've asked about, except for the S&W 340PD. I've never shot one, but a friend has one and I've examined it. It's close enough to mine that I'll comment on it. I rarely carry a handgun anymore, expect when I'm hiking solo and around human activity. When I do it's usually an older S&W Centennial "Bodyguard" snubnose in .38 Special, rated for +P. Mine is the version with the built in hammer shroud, which I prefer over hammerless models. I've owned just about every incarnation of the original J-frame Model 60's and I like the ability to use single action, yet have the safety of the concealed hammer. My Centennial has good recoil absorbing grips, and for heavy loads the bulky frame that conceals the hammer seems to aid in recoil. I do not like shooting +P ammo in this revolver because of recoil and muzzle flash, but I don't regularly shoot it with the +p shells. I may upgrade some day to the more modern S&W super-lightweight handgun in.357mag, but I really don't see the need for it right now. My Centennial fits perfectly in a waist pack, or in my Dana Design wet rib chest pocket.

Cliff