Well, I would have to say when crossing a stream that can't be hopped, take off the shoes and socks and ford the thing barefoot. I wear boots and I still take 'em off so they won't be wet after I cross. I usually cross rivers in an old pair of running shoes tied to the outside of my pack. If you have to, cross in socks and then change them on the otherside into a dry pair and then put the wet pair somewhere on the outside of your pack somewhere where they can dry.

If you run into rain and you can afford to, stop every once in a while or when the rain stops and let your feet air out and change wet socks with dry ones. This'll help prevent blisters and hot spots so I've come to find throughout my rucksacking days. I always have 4 or 5 pairs of socks rolled nice and tight somewhere where they can't get wet very easily because as far as I'm concerned, my feet are probably one of the most important, if not the most important thing I've got when out there so it's best to take care of them as best you can.

I like the Teva thing too. I've yet to buy a pair but want some. I've got to see how they handle though. They kind of just look like they'd let my feet slip around a little too much for my liking, but we'll see I suppose.