“This is all probably a moot point if the line is discontinued.”

My very unique feeling of why it got discontinued is because they advertised it wrong. They advertised it at 32 oz when it should have been 16oz. The same thing for their 15oz Tamarak--- WM advertises is at 19oz. So I bet that’s not going to last long.

Who wants a $270 32oz 30F bag? But if people found out it was 16oz, I bet it would sell more. And no, you don’t need their pad (made by the ever so heavy POE). POD30 works great on the prolte 3 or 4’s. And yes you can just plop it down on any pad. I use it on my Torso pads (NightLight or Bozeman).

It looks like this “no insulation in the bottom” is becoming more popular as quilts are coming out (nunatek and golite). And they’re right; who needs insulation on the bottom? When I use a NightLight, I feel the warmth radiate back up to me.

WM had a clever way of attaching the pad (if you wanted to). They had the best design I’ve ever seen. There were no air pockets to the side of you the way BA does with their bags. And Golite recommends putting the pad inside their quilt. It would be warmer if people kept the pad outside of their quilt.

-Barry