Didn't WM discontinue its POD line? I'd always heard good things about the POD, but never got around to checking it out. (Probably because the WM bags I already had worked great, and because my wife never really understood why I needed a Mitylite and a Megalite: "But, honey, one has a hood and one doesn't...")

Anyhow, is the 16 ounce weight an apples-to-apples comparison? As I recall, you must use an inflatable pad (maybe even their brand?) because there was no bottom insulation in the bag. To the extent that the pad weighs more than, say, the closed cell pad or possibly lighter inflatable pad you would otherwise use, don't you have to add the extra weight to the bag's weight?

For example: I normally use a 3/4 length Prolite 3 pad, plus the backpad on my Vapor Trail pack, to obtain a full-length pad. If I were to switch to a POD 30 bag, and was required to now use a full-length inflatable pad that (for the sake of argument) weighed 10 ounces more than my Prolite 3, wouldn't my "effective" sleeping bag weight be 26 ounces (16 for the bag and 10 for the excess pad)?

This is all probably a moot point if the line is discontinued. Also, it may simply reflect my own ignorance about the bag, if you can in fact just lay it on top of any kind of pad (including my Prolite/pack combo) and have it perform just as well.

Like I said, I always heard good things; too bad if they stopped making it.