Quote:
well, gee....that's pretty judgemental

I'd say that it was more of an observation. than a judgment. Viewed as an observation, it's difficult to argue against.

But since we're speaking of being "Judgmental" we need to keep in perspective what this women's husband did for a living. She supported him throughout all his years of judging others. I think it's fair to compare, and even judge, the actions of those who get paid to prosecute others for their actions. Have you ever heard an attorney plea for a conviction? I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find a more judgmental person. Elliot Spitzer was as judgmental as any man I've ever seen or heard speak. I don't feel a need to condemn him to hell or hard labour, but I feel confident that judging him to be a "Dutz" is based on sound social principals, existing law, and widely accepted morals.

I admit to feeling a bit sorry for his wife, but if she knew her husband was doing this before it became public, than she was complicit. Knowing what we now know, it is almost inconceivable that she was not aware of other abuses of power and privilege that were bending or breaking the law. The guy really was a freaking "Steamroller".

I'm no extreme right-winger, but I have little sympathy for those who took money to enforce and create laws that they, themselves, flagrantly violate. As for his wife, I agree with what the woman I'm married to said, "I would have let him walk out there alone."

Personally, I think it would do women everywhere a great service for one of them to go to the press and say, "I kicked the cheating rat to the curb and I'll be running in the next election to take his seat and uphold our promises." She could still have the time of her life if she did that.

Instead, it looks like the call girl will be cashing in. I wouldn't sit quiet in the middle of that irony and it would be dignity that motivated me to action, not money or fame.

Kindest Regards,

Bill