I hope I dont make anybody mad with this post but I had to vent. I have been planning this (solo) trip at the end of march. I was going to go on a great 3 day hike in WV. I had been thinking about what all to pack, how to lighten up the load, the best way to set up, and how relaxing it is going to be. (Mind you Im getting married at the end of may and feeling the stress already.) I made the mistake of telling two friends about the trip, now they want to go and everthing has changed. One guy can only take two days so we changing the place. The two of them have no gear, this is their first trip, and not in great shape. (Not that I am but I know that I can push through and keep hiking till needed.) What was going to be a relaxing solo trip to gather my head and escape for three days, has turned into a stressful quick planned two day trip that is going to be full of waiting and rushing. I guess next time I plan a trip, I wont tell anybody until Im packed up and on my way to the trailhead. Thanks for letting me vent I needed it.

Edited by dhock83 (02/29/08 01:05 PM)