Quote:
Not sure what exactly you are looking for (point-and-shoot or something more advanced). I have a point-and-shoot Canon Powershot A570IS, and I am happy with it. It takes nice pictures, and officially weighs 7.2 oz with lithium batteries (takes 2 AAs). It's not waterproof, which was mentioned by others, but a camera being waterproof is not a requirement in my opinion. Just make sure to store it where it won't get wet, and wipe it down if you are taking picutres in the rain.

My A570 IS is just a month old and already dust has worked into the lens extension system, it still functions but now makes a noise it didn't at the start, a great little camera if you can keep it clean and dry. I'm disapointed cause I bought it for carring everywhere in my coat or shirt pocket. Got a used Dimage X1, a hard camera for me to hand hold, no viewfinder and a slick shell. But put it on a tripod and it does wonderfull. Nonstandard battery, but really small size, big 2.5 LCD. If they had made it lighter, use the EVF screen from the A2 and a case covered with the grippy stuff like on old IBM Thinkpads........But Konica/Minolta as a camera maker is no more. Love my A200 but wouldn't hike with it.