Quote:
We're here in Lexington attending U.K. We've got our year pass to the Red River Gorge and are enjoying exploring it a weekend at a time, as we get a chance.
Actually, we're planning our wedding and are looking for just the right arch under which to hold it.

We are from Western Kentucky, about 10 minutes from Kentucky Lake and about 15 minutes from Land Between the Lakes. We had lots of places so close by there, but here at school it's a bit harder to get away. Still, the desire is there, and it's a goal to get out of the urban setting as soon as possible. We miss seeing the stars at night!

Unfortunately I don't know Western Ky that well. My wife's grandfather used to have a cabin on Nolan Lake if you know where that is.

I know Lexington well. A cousin of mine is a sophomore at UK. My family is originally from Owlsley County. 80 or so miles south-east from Lexington. (They've been there for almost 200 years.) Beautiful down there. Wish I could get down there more often.

Your wedding idea sounds great! Wish I had thought about something like that when we got married.