I'm a regular poster here but with an average of about 3 posts/week (based on total number of posts divided by total weeks here) I fit your definition of a lurker so here's my $.02. Personally I don't think a bona fide lurker would post much more than once per month but that's just my opinion.

I have lots of interests and there are other boards where I consider myself to be a true lurker. On one, I used to post quite a bit but I just burned out and now I'm in lurker mode. I still go there every day but I post maybe once a year. I was also put off by the heavy handed moderation.

And speaking of heavy handed moderation, I'm definitely in lurker mode over at PBF for that very reason. I just don't feel like posting in a place where I have to wonder if my words will still be there the next day. IMO there may be more lurkers than we think over there.

On the other side of the coin, I quit posting in another forum that is under moderated and as result has become downright hostile.

I'm in a kayaking forum as well but I don't consider myself to be experienced enough to post anything profound there. Over there I'm the newbie asking the questions and not answering any.

In order to post on any board a person must develop a thick skin. No matter what you say others will sometimes disagree. Some will disagree in a civil manner and some will not. Sometimes I feel compelled to defend my position and sometimes I just let it go. Such is the nature of places like this. It's only the internet.