Quote:

Now this should be very interesting because I, for one, lurk because there are many members here which have much more knowledge than I do and are very free with it, so I feel that it is unnecessary for me to post in response to the vast majority of threads.

This is the main reason I, too, lurk. So many people here have much more experience and knowledge in this realm than I, so why not just learn from them when they are willing to share with others? I don't feel the need to post to a thread when the aforementioned 'experts' have already posted, or will likely post in the future, and answer the question with greater detail than I could. I started here as a complete beginner and thanks in part to this site, moved way past being a novice.

So I can intelligently post in some of the forums, but others forums (ie. Make Your Own Gear, Lite Food Talk, a few others) I have very little to no experience, so I just read those forums rather than post in them. I am not adverse to posting questions in any forum, but cannot intelligently respond in certain forums, thus I don't post in them.

A very miniscule (but present) reason I have few posts is because some of the 'hardcore' members will jump on you like white on rice. I actually find this to be quite funny and sometimes read threads just to laugh at the bickering going on. Now I don't think I would say something or make a claim like sabre11004 has in the Stove tests thread, but if I somehow did do something like that, I don't want to have to defend my position on a point that is probably not all that important. Further expounding on this issue, I'd like to be responded to seriously on future questions or posts and if you get a troll reputation, you won't get as good of responses.