Quote:
Pretty much anything can be a learning experience, and when you're especially eager after a particular kind of knowledge, you look for as many ways as possible to leverage your experiences into learning more about it. Even eating an indoor meal with a titanium spork!

It's actually a bright yellow plastic spork. I love it, though!
Also, I'm trying different layering combos out during the day. It might only be 10 minutes each way to class, but it's been down in the 20s and windy, so a good chance to test out my various combos. Plus, since the buildings are nice and warm, I get to see if I can keep myself cool by removing some layers too...

Quote:
I'm glad you're having so much fun. And don't mind too much if you get a reputation as a bit of a kook on the subject of backpacking. Most of us have endured a similar rep.

I'm having a blast! Also, I figure that if I get a reputation as a "kook" then it means that I'm doing something right!
I tried to explain how ounces add up to pounds, but he didn't seem to get it. I figure when I get him out camping (it'll have to turn warmer first) he'll understand the difference in my pack and his!