I had a negative experience at PB in regards to a post that really turned me off to the site. I had joined in on a topic regarding DIY down quilts. I had just completed my own quilt and was sharing info on my success. I was asked by a poster to share some photos. I attempted to post them but was already at my 3 photo capacity for the day or something like it. Since I already had them posted on the Hammock forum (primary use was intended as hammock underquilt), I found it easier to just link to the already posted photos. I also thought that the purpose was exchanging ideas and that maybe there were some people that had not heard of the hammock site that might benefit from it. Man, was that a NO-NO.

The moderator deleted the post. When I asked why, I was given a speal about linking to "other" sites. But what I felt was very ironic was the fact that the moderator had a link that appeared in his signature on every post. The link was to his own personal web page complete with his wedding photos, yet I was not allowed to link to a hiking/backpacking related site to show requested photos. When I brought this up, I was told signature links were allowed. I felt he was missing the point.

What I came away with was the idea that links to the moderators wedding photos were okay but a link to a hammock forum with benificial hiking/backpacking info was taboo. I was baffled. I just don't spend anymore time there.

The other thing that was funny was that the moderator was also sewing his own quilt at the time and was involved in the thread complete with his own photos. I think I was stealing his thunder.