Quote:
Well if you make bogus assertions - guess what, you get challenged. Boo-hoo.

I would be more than interested in hearing about your experiences, especially if you actually had an emergency that the SPOT helped you get out of. I would love to here how it located you under extreme conditions when all else failed. I more especially want to hear how it was the reason your still alive.

My family knows that I go into the backcountry frequently. They know, in general where I am, but they don't have time to constantly check, nor do they really care. However, because I carry an ACR PLB, they know if something does happen, there is a high likely hood (if I can push the button), that I will be found and rescued. That gives them peace of mind more than any other piece of gear I carry.

The thing I'm most concerned about is that people will rely on SPOT when it is so unreliable. I know you love it and think everyone else should too, but if you've read anything on this forum, you will know that we are not stupid. There are many very intelligent folks who want to get past the BS and find out the truth about the gear in question. We don't want something that works half the time. We don't want gear that really doesn't do what it claims. SPOT fits that definition better than any other piece of gear I can think of.

Finally, we want civility. If you can't be civil and an adult, we don't want to hear about it. If you don't agree with what's being said, that's fine, but don't insult our intelligence. If you do, you will find that no one on this forum will listen or care to what you have to say.