Bill,

You know, I've got a bunch of sign-making stuff - I'm going to call Parks and Rec on Monday and ask if I can put up a sign with some flyers at each of our local parks. Maybe REI, SkiAnyMountain, Sportsmen's Chalet, Big 5, etc. would be willing to have a sign in their window too. See where it goes from there.

Ya gotta love Arnold's excuse for doing this - He says he's actually against closing parks, and that his proposal was meant to "shake up" the legislature into figuring out alternative funding. So...if the legislature sends this budget right back to him unchanged, is he going to sign it?

Arny promised to go to Sacramento, "open the books" and "trim the fat". He went to Sacramento, then forgot to do the other two things. It just seems like the "fat" is never trimmed - it's always the lean. I say cut the legislature's pay and benefits by 40%. Personally I don't think they should make more than the median wage in the state.

After I made my previous comment about breaking the law to go hiking I read an article saying that park closures would mostly impact casual use, like picnics and jogging. Anyone backpacking would probably be unaffected because once you pull out the rangers, the local police aren't going to go hiking around the park to enforce the closure. Just park down the road or have someone drop you off. In fact, it might be a good thing for those who dislike...ahem...tou...er...crowds. Also might be your chance to camp in those forbidden spots.

Enough rambling, it's time to do something about it.