Quote:
That's precisely why I asked for the link. In order to provide such percentages, certain assumptions have to be made because the answer will vary significantly depending on conditions.

Of all the forms of heat transfer, radiative is the most complex and least intuitive to understand. I'm also reminded that evaporative cooling is typically categorized under convection. When taking a course in heat transfer, we are taught that there are only the three mechanisms.
Well different courses can teach it different ways, but I can see how evaporative cooling and convection can be linked because they are both forms of mass transport of heat. For the human body I can see combining them, but separating them from respiration. Respiration is useful to separate because unlike the others it depends on your breathing rate, so as your body works harder to stay warm in a sleeping bag, for example, you lose more heat through your breathing, so the old scarf trick makes a real difference when its really cold. I remember seeing a site specific to heat loss and heat gain and the human body that was pretty good but I can't find it. It was a little more technical than Jason's and it included real numbers, which are always useful.