Quote:
I read a lot of ultralighters saying that they do not carry toilet papers and scouring pad, because they can substitute them with moss or leaves or gravels.
Whenver I hear such comments, it gives me chills.
I'm worried that wipe my rear hole with moss might allow some kind of fungus to grow or introduce some kind of worms to grow inside me. Cleaning my pots with gravels might scratch the surface and allow fungus and bacterias to grow which will lead me to food poisoning or something. I only have non-stick aluminum, and wondering if titaniums are not strached by the gravels.
Such worries makes it hard for me to not worry.
I wanna hear about your experiences guys
Thanks in advance guys

While I can (and have) done without TP, I carry it. just because I don't particularly feel like going without. I also carry a few baby wipes and gel for bathroom duty. However, this isn't because
I'm concerned about anything in the outdoor environment infecting me. Generally speaking, I don't
think I'm at all worried about there being random bugs out there waiting to infect me. On the other
hand, I have a healthy respect for a public outhouse in a backcountry campsite and what comes
out of my, and other people's butts. I also tend to get a rampant case of "diaper rash" in the nether regions if I don't have a nice way to wash myself off well. So for me, the most important thing
is to have something to wash up and clean my hands with, to ensure that

1) I don't get all rashy.
2) Stuff that comes out of my butt, and other people's donesn't end up in my mouth.

As for pots, generally I just boil water, so I don't wash pots. my pots aren't nonstick because a) I don't
need nonstick and b) I like to scrub 'em out with sand or gravel if needed. I'm not worried about whatever might be lurking in scratches because I generally don't think anything beyond what's coming out of human butts (see above) is a risk in the bush, and heat would kill it anyway.
Browse my pictures