Boy, that brings back memories, I bougt one exactly like yours in 1977 or '78 and used it intensely for many years until it was sunbleached almost white. I actually lived in it for over a month one spring some 50 miles into the Flathead Valley in SE-BC and had it in humungous winds, heavy snow dumps and bitter cold many times.

My floor finally gave up and when I contacted Rainy Pass about replacement, the cost was such that I decided to simply let the old and dear "friend" go. I kept it in my gear room until about 2005 and then ptiched it....damm near wept, I had SO many good memories of times in that tent.

Bill Nicolai was a brilliant guy and Early Winters were just FINE folks to deal with, Im had clothing, bivies and really neat woolen hats from them, wish they were still in the game. I prefered this tent to the Bibler Solo Dome I replaced it with and never really liked the Bibler, smaller, lighter, too cramped and just not as "cool".

I have gone to Integral Designs as my only singlewall tents, bivies and they are best of all, IME. I will burn a candle lantern to deal with condensation, but, all in all, I prefer singlewall tents for really cold weather camping, just wish that Evan Jones of ID could still make and sell his little MKI-Lite from eVENT, now, THAT was the answer!

Good to see I am not the only one here who remembers Early Winters!