This isn't where I read about it originally but if you were to do a quick Google search you'll see other references. If you scroll halfway down the page you'll see this:

Quote:

"Some will warn you that at temperatures below freezing Gore-Tex can clog up with ice crystals from sweat that your under garments wicked up. True enough. However, when this happens it is no worse than any other non-breathing wind-breaker or shell, and until that point you've gained the advantage of a breathable top layer.

So don't abandon your rain jacket just because it is too cold to rain, you can continue to use it until its just plain too cold. Its usually time to switch jackets from a comfort point of view about the time the Gore-Tex is rendered in-effective by the cold temperatures. For me, this occurs at about 20F.

On the other hand you were sold this magic fabric with the hype that it DID "breath" and would pass moisture even in the cold.
The truth is that moisture venting through the Gore-Tex in really cold weather gets as far as the outer layer and freezes, progressively plugging all of the highly vaunted pores. If you are passing enough heat through your outer layer to prevent this freezing, the jacket may continue to vent as advertised, but in that case you are likely overheating under your other layers, or suffering a heat loss you can ill afford."

End Quote.

I'm not an expert on space suits but I do know that, unlike a tent, they are (1) pressurized and (2) hot enough inside to require their own liquid cooling systems.

Edit: Another reference here. Bottom of page 1.

Even the great Ryan Jordan writes that frost can clog some, but not all, WB fabrics. Here's a quote from that article:

"2) What happens below 15 degrees? Does Epic compare more favorably to other alternatives here?

Not in bivies. We are finding that ice is still clogging interstices in the fabric and reducing breathability."

Still looking for the original article which was tent specific.......

Sorry it's no myth.