Quote:
You're already in a panic before you even go out - I can tell you right now a gun isn't going to calm your nerves if you get approached by someone who makes you uncomfortable. Andrea

Sorry, got to totally disagree here. Under the circumstances discussed here, there is nothing more calming than a quality gun in the hands of someone that is familiar with it's use, which entails their knowing how to use it quickly, efficiently, and with dead on accuracy to either wound to solely incapacitate or to take a life by choice where needed. The throwing up and nerves come later, after the fact.

It took my gentle wife much consideration to come to the realization, that for her to continue living to care for her children, shooting an attacker would be necessary. I bought her a Smith & Wesson 38 Special 30 years ago. I trained her and she became proficient with the gun to a high degree of marksmanship. She never had to use it during all those years, but it was there and ready if she had needed it. She never flaunted the gun, and never intentionally allowed family or friends to know she carried it. She does not regret carrying a weapon all those years and has advised her friends to purchase a weapon. I respect her very much for doing what was necessary to take control over that area of her life where she was at the mercy of others. Brum