So I've been thinking about what I like better, using a trail that plenty of folks have been on and see or going off of the beaten path and finding my own way. I am in a way at a crossroads because both have their ups and their downs in my opinion.

Trail +'s- Probably the best and easiest route. Probably the most scenic route. No real need to be overly concerned with LandNav. Readily made information on the trail, its condition, terrain and other useful info.

Trail -'s- Encountering people when you're trying to be by yourself. Going where others have gone and gone often. Lack of LandNav skills necessary.

No Trail +'s- Finding your own way using skill and know-how. Going places most folks don't go. A challenge in many ways really. Solitude.

No Trail -'s- Possibility of getting into a spot and having it harder for you to be found in a timely manner. More difficult bushwacking it compared to following a trail.

I'm sure you all could come up with more and will surely express your own thoughts. I like both truly. I know in places like Denali NP there are no backcountry trails so you don't have any choice but to do it on your own. I'm interested in what ya'll have to say about it and add to it.