First off, I would like to say that I HATE camping in well established camping areas that have been commercialized because you always run into people like this...

While camping with my family in Ice House, CA (El Dorado County), I observed the "(explative deleted)" camper next to me attempt to light a fire using a large propane tank. I watched as he opened the valve on the tank, light the expelling propane gas using a match, and saw a 5 foot flame shoot out of the valve. The camper (Im embarassed to even call him that, because he was anything but a "camper"), suprised by the uncontrollable flame, started waving the tank around wildly in an attempt to point the flame at the fire pit.

After getting my family safe behind my truck, I ran over to the campsite and assisted the other camper extinguish the flame. After which I had a rather stern and colorful lecture with the guy.

Ive seen some stupid things in my life, but this one takes the cake for me. He could've burned the whole forest down! Idiot...