Jim,

Thank you for your response.
It kinda shocking to me, with all the "kind of energy that the members here have put out to tell you not to do this."

And I wholehearted respect their advice and opinion.
I am not letting it go, ONLY because I do value their gracious time and advice.

Since you read the thread.
You might had a chance to read the transcript between my friend and his hiking buddies.
Their opinion is on the opposite, but still cautious.

Chris, one of Erik's hiking buddies is from Flagstaff, AZ and he recommends New Hance over Hermit, base on his experience.

Erik, our team Leader, lived in AZ for 8 years where he met Chris and Dan, basically said... there was not a point on the new Hance trail where he felt if he stumble he was going off a cliff and anything close to that level of danger. One of his hiking buddies Dan (also an Avid backpacker) is afraid of heights and was very aware of that type of danger. Remember New Hance trail was originally designed for tourists.

Erik has even been on New Hance in July at 115 degree temperature.
As I understand it, The trip was planned for November to avoid the extreme heat and to limit those kinds of danger factor. Not to say it won't be cold, but according to Erik, it will not be anywhere like his 26 miles roundtrip hike at Pike's Peak.

Erik has read the website article on New Hance trail and the danger the author spoke of.
From his experience and his hiking buddies experience, those situations can be avoided by staying on Trail (in which they have done in the nighttime hike) and extreme heat by going in NOV. and Not doing any climbing. According to Erik, this is where majority of the casualty and injuries occur. doing the foolish things. In addition, New Hance trail is about 7.5 miles, in which it is the second to shortest trail, and all trails in the GC have a steepness to them.

After being on this website and getting the correct questions to ask, I have more confidence in knowing that our group have planned correctly. The thing is Erik has GC experience as well as other places backpacking experiences... he is not a bragger.

(speaking in a very respectful tone) Beside from reading the New Hance Trail description, who has actually been on this trail from this site?