Before I continue... I am not disrespecting you... I am very appreciative for your time and concern as well as the others than have responded.

Here is my friend's experiences and I am sure his Hiker buddies are as experienced in the GC. (Cut and Paste from his email to me)

"No problem. This will be my 15th hike. I've done Bright Angel a few times, Havasupai a few times, New Hance twice, Tanner Trail once, South Kaibab twice, Monument Creek once, Hermit Rapids once, etc..

And I have seen some interesting things......

- One friend had really bad shoes and got the worse blisters I've ever seen
- One friend left his food in his tent (even though I told him he shouldn't) when we went to the river to swim and some kind of animal ate through the tent and drag out all his food
- One friend slept too close to the Colorado River and was awakened by rushing water (the dam authorities released some water overnight to mimic natural flood waters). The water was two feet from his tent.
- Another friend decided to try to hike out alone and almost got lost in a side canyon
- One friend twisted his ankle on the way down and made it up because he had some good pain killers."

Every valid question you guys asked or challenged of me... I went and seeked out the answers.

I am getting a reputation from the wives as stirring trouble and scaring the others.

Erik, basically said if you stay on the trail we will be fine.
(no Offense to Pika's experiences)... Three Hikers who have been on both the Hermit Trial and New Hance said it is better for us to go on the New Hance Trail as long as we are not trying to climb it or get heat exhausted or go off trail. Yes it will be a physical challenge but we will be going up hill in two trips.

I feel like I am asking you guys for a second opinion... but having the advantage of going back and forth to ask some more... I am sorry if this is frustrating to you guys... but I am getting more info this way. Heck, Looking it up on Google didn't even provide me with the right questions to ask.

I hope you guys will still wish me luck even if we decide to continue with our plans and no ill will between anyone of us.