Imager, the point in calling you 'trolling' is because of the such basic knowledge you're lacking for attempting such a trail. Partly in jest, partly from concern for your lack of apparent understanding of the dangers that this level of trail presents to a newbie in the GC.

The GC is a very unique environment with concern to the weather, water, physicalness of the terrain. Even experienced and multiple visit backpackers encounter trouble there. It's not like you're taking a trip to Myrtle Beach, you dig?

I'm known for being sarcastic here in the forum, more of a tongue in cheek kind of thing. In your case I'm serious that you could endanger the rest of the party, let alone yourself with just one misstep. It's a serious trail with exposure that takes a knowledgable eye to traverse. Just a bit of morning ice, wet soil, loose stone could have you meeting your Maker. Are you really prepared, knowledgable enough, and confident that you can self rescue yourself if the rest of your party is gone? I doubt it, just my opinion.

I have 35 years of backpacking experience and the Hance is the one trail in GC that i have'nt hiked, because I decided the risk is not worth it to me. I've done plenty of risky things with regard to backpacking, sailing, and motorcycle racing; but I refuse to knowlingly put myself at unnecessary risk with regard to exposure. I'm sure the Hance trail has great views, but none that you can't get from another trail with less exposure risk.

Good luck, enjoy your adventure.