I did a bad bad good thing yesterday. I was at the Sportsman's show and looking at fishing gear--bad. And I got to thinking about my hubby's recent retirement and the fact that no one gave him a retirement gift, mostly I guess because he retired from his own business. So then I got to thinking that my hubby's idea of fishing definitely falls into the fly fishing purview. The sport for him is to use the lightest possible equipment to catch the biggest possible fish. When he was a kid, he fly-fished in the Sierras with his dad a great deal. Then I got to thinking he only has very very old outdated equipment. So the really big idea I got was to buy him a once-in-a-lifetime retirement gift to go with his new leisure lifestyle. So I shopped all the fishing booths and got from Hub Sports both excellent advice for fly equipment for backcountry fishing and a truly excellent deal on some very high end stuff. I got him a 4 wt. 9' 4 pc. Sage rod and a matching new generation Sage reel. Ultralight-good, expensive-bad, good deal-good. Hubby LOVES it. Priceless!!

Edited by sienna (03/03/07 01:25 PM)